Monday, July 6, 2009

Trangia Stove Kits

I pulled a few from stock and put them in the BOB's as well as my truck box.

I went camping the other weekend and took my CampChef clone that I hadn't used in a couple years - learned a little lesson there. Seems the valves on all 3 burners had rusted and would not turn.

I pulled out the Trangia from the truck and employed it to heat up the coffee in the morning and it worked great for me. It was about 40 or so up in the white mountains, although it did take a while to fully heat the burner to get it operating at capacity.I was able to get two out of three burners to function (under duress) after striking them straight in with the back of my axe to break the rust bond. It turned out OK, definitely not optimal as the center burner was the one that would not work. That kinda made it hard to fully utilize the 2 burner stainless griddle.

Take a lesson from me - always check those valves when taking the propane equipment out, and some WD-40 might just go a long way....

John
http://www.redbarnworkshop.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment